Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Year in Review

I AM NOT good at this. I openly admitted it. They say that admitting a flaw is your first step right?? I really want to be good at it- so, I will try harder. I have been keeping up with other peoples blogs, not to mention a few awesome coupon and deal-finder websites. All done by moms- and I always think- if they have the time to do ALL of this I should be able to keep up a blog for my family. Ive gotten so busy with life, that I have forgotten to take time to document it. Poor Daytons baby book hasnt even been written in. I really need to get to that...... :)

WELL, its been a year. My baby boy just turned one and my big boy will be 5 in two months!! I cant believe it!

Tate is wonderful. He is getting so big and doing so well in school. I had a parent/teacher conference with his VPK (voluntary pre-kindergarten) teacher yesterday and he is doing great. He is student of the week next week, we had to take in pictures and ans a questionare....I will have to post a picture of his poster. He recognizes 17 out of 26 letters of the alphabet! And that was in Sept. She said she is pretty sure he knows them all by now. He is always asking me if he is writing his letters correctly. He loves to just sit and write his letters. And he LOVES coloring and painting. He is my little artist. He is always making beautiful pictures for all of us. I know I will treasure these one day, but for now it seems like most days my house is over taken by paper. His new favorite thing is to play Mario on my Wii. He loves it. He gets 30 minutes a day, if he behaves, and if his homework is done, his toys put away, and he has had his shower and is ready for bed. Most nights hes on top of it, some nights, not so much.. :) Here are a couple pics of my Tater this past year...





Dayton is getting so much more independent everyday! Hes not only walking now, hes running! :) Its tough keeping up with those big boys! Hes a tough one though, he can fend for himself. He is already learning exactly what makes big brother tick. He can make Tate mad SO fast- and he laughs. Boy, am I in for it. He is so sweet though, you pick him up and he just lays his head on your shoulder and give you love. I love it and Im treasuring every moment, I know they wont last. He loves anything he isnt supposed to have, like most kids I assume. But particularly remotes, cell phones, iPods and laptops. And he knows the difference when we take the batteries out...He keeps us on our toes!





Austin and I are great- both jobs are going well. We have lots of plans for projects around the house in the upcoming year or so. Cant wait to get started! :) Well, thats enough for now, post again soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it cuz, you could be a writer!! You have such a wonderful family. Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete