Monday, December 27, 2010

An exciting night at the dinner table.

I have been off work since Friday, one more day off tomorrow, short days Wednesday and Thursday and then off again for a three day weekend! I am definatly not complaining! All that to say that since I was home my goal was to have dinner ready when Austin got home. My day was pretty hectic, and it reminded me how thankful I am for my mom. Since I was home, I also decided to try a new recipe. I had found a recipe online for "Everyone's Favorite Pork Chops". The name itself drew me in because my first thought was- I wonder if Tate will like them. Tate is my VERY picky eater....he eats no type of meat without "Pop" aka Ketchup. And sometimes even vegetables are dipped in it as well. Gross! The recipe was definatly easy and it was a hit! Everyone cleaned their plate. Big accomplishment in this household. Tate even told me how yummy it was. And to make the night even better, Dayton used his sign for "please". We have been working really hard with him on sign language. Tate loved the Baby Einstens "Signs" DVD. Dayton is terrified of the caterpillar at the beginning, so its never really grasp his attention. So, we've been working on it with him. So far we have "More", and "All Done" but now we added "Please". I know this is a silly thing to be excited about but we learned with Tate that sign language was a great way to communicate, and if hes communicating we at least want him to be polite! :)

"Everyone's Favorite Pork Chops"


1/4 Cup Flour
1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
1 Tomato- chopped
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Oil
Onion- thinly sliced
Cooked Noodles

Combine flour, garlic powder, pepper. Coat and brown chops on both sides in oil over medium heat. Sprinkle tomato and onion over chops. Pour Soy Sauce and 1/3 cup of water over all. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Turning chops over once, serve over noodles.

If you are anything like me, easy is my top priority. And this recipe was definatly easy and the fact that everyone LOVED it- made it even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment