
The picture by itself shows the adventure that this trip was.....
I have been astounded this year by the amount of criticism that people have been throwing out in regards to Santa. Ive heard everything from Im lying to my kids to Santa being Satan. Really? I was raised believing in Santa and never ONCE thought my parents had lied to me. I feel that while some feel that we have moved away from the true meaning of Christmas (which, I will give them, a lot of people have) we have moved away from giving our kids the chance to have an imagination and be a KID. I had a friend post out of curiosity what people did in their homes about Santa. Now, I believe to each their own, but some people have just taken it too far. How is believing in Santa any different than believing in Super Hero's or Princesses? I guess we should just crush our kids dreams about that as well.
My kids know the true meaning of Christmas, and for that reason I see nothing wrong with celebrating with Santa as well. When Tate was asked what Christmas was all about, his answer was "Giving, and Jesus' Birthday". Santa was not even mentioned. Now, does he enjoy the presents and the extra fun? Of Course. But he also enjoys baking our Birthday Cake for Jesus and singing Happy Birthday to him. I believe that God gave us an imagination, and I believe that we should allow our children to use that imagination to the fullest. Jesus is in this house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Santa comes once a year, and Super Hero's, Mickey and Princesses (yeah right) are welcome in this house any day of the year. <3


No comments:
Post a Comment