Wow....its been almost 2 months since I have posted anything. Sorry about that, Ive been a little busy! :)
Well, we are proud to annouce that our happy little family is now complete! Dayton Matthew Hill made is arrival on October 22nd at 10:19 a.m. He was 19" long and 7.2 pounds. And is perfect (exact words from all doctors who saw him in the hospital) We couldnt ask for any more than that! He will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and at his 2 week check up last week was already 7.11 pounds. He enjoys to eat!! He is a very happy and content baby, he sleeps a lot, which we dont remember Tate doing. Tate was always awake. He is also a very heavy sleeper, which is good. I was amazed on the day we brought him home- Tate was running through the house like a wild indian and Dayton didnt budge. Which is a blessing, because Tate is a wild indian most of the time. Tate is great with him. He is such a good big brother! He is an awesome helper (we just have to find things that he can do). And he is very protective already of his baby. Always has to make sure we arent going to leave him when we leave the house. :) He is only waking 2 times a night to eat, which I am happy with and he always goes right back to sleep after he eats. All in all he is a great baby and we are already enjoying him!!
I have been off work for 3 weeks now. Im officially supposed to go back next Thursday, but I called yesterday and offered to work half days Monday- Wednesday to get myself back in the swing of things and try and get used to being away from Dayton. (Not that I think I will ever get used to it). Then I will go back full-time on Thursday. It all worked out well because the next week is Thanksgiving so I only have 3 full days that week. Slowly working my way back in. Nervous- but a part of me is ready to be back.
Tate is doing great in school! We had a parent/teacher conference a couple weeks ago and his teacher just loves him and is very impressed with his progress. He was Student of the Week last week and since mommy was off work I got to go to the chapel service where they reconized him. He liked that a lot. I do wish I was off more often to do things like that with him. He still loves school....come April/May he will be ready for summer break though!
Austin is still working hard. He has put off school for now. It was too much. With his long hours he wasnt making it to class on time and he was gone all the time. We never saw him. So, he has decided to put it on hold and try to get a sales spot at his current job. Which is what he wanted to do originally but just didnt know how to go about it. He has talked to his district manager though, who has encouraged him to go in that route and to interview for the next opening. There is so much that they require you to know to be in a sales spot. So, his DM has also given him all the facts that he needs to learn so he knows everything he needs to. I am so grateful for him and all the hard work he does for us. He worked FL/GA again this year- it was an 18 hour day for him!! Thats unbelievable- I dont know how he does it! But, he loves his job.....I remember working retail and pulling those long hours, before I had kids....when its something you love it doesnt seem so bad. I kinda miss that- but wouldnt trade where I am for anything! :)
Austins mom and sister came for a visit last week. I was so nice to have them here. We dont get to see them often and the help was much appreciated. Its amazing how tired you actually are when you have time to sit down and think about it! So, it was great to have the extra hands. Austins Aunt Valerie and Grandma also came up on Monday and brought us lunch- which was delicious!! It was great to sit and chat with them for a while- we dont see them near enough!
Love and miss you all. I will try and keep up better.....I will attach some pics from the past couple weeks!
<3
Austin, Sarah, Tate and Dayton


No comments:
Post a Comment